Friday, September 11, 2015

Camera Woman Apologizes for Tripping Immigrants

TV Camerawoman Fired After Tripping Fleeing Migrants Says Sorry

By: F. Brinley BRUTon

Petra Laszlo, Hungarian TV camera woman was recorded tripping migrants entering Hungary. Laszlo is now apologizing for her actions, saying, "The camera was in my hand, I did not see who was coming but the only thing that came into my mind was that I am under attack and I have to save myself." After this incident Laszlo lost her job and has been receiving death threats for her actions. The Syrian Refugee Crisis is escalating with thousands of Syrians fleeing from their homes. Surrounding countries are having a hard time accepting large amounts of immigrants into their borders, and immigrants are often facing a harsh welcome, as seen by the chaos in the footage seen below.  

Click here to read full article

I chose this article because I want to become more educated on the Syrian Refugee Crisis. The Crisis is one of the world's biggest issues right now, and it is alarming to see the displacement of thousands of families. The woman should not have intentionally tripped the migrants, although I recognize that it may have been an accident. However, her tripping migrants is what caught my attention, and for that I am grateful because it has encouraged me to learn more about the Crisis. After reading about the camerawoman tripping fleeing migrants, I did some more research and found out that although the US has not accepted many Syrian immigrants, the government has announced that in the upcoming fiscal year, the US will accept up to 10,000 Syrian refugees. (To learn more about America's role Click here ) 



                                        (Footage of the camerawoman tripping the refugees)

No comments:

Post a Comment